Samuel Johnson once said, “when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford.” Ever wonder why? Let’s take a look at it from a young professional’s point of view.
1. Because 75% of Fortune 500 companies have offices in London and there are thousands of other businesses of all sizes across the city.
2. Because six Premier League football clubs call London home.
3. Because the London Underground is something everyone loves to hate, but with 270 stations, it makes this huge city feel a bit smaller.
4. Because Sunday roast is basically a weekly holiday feast.
5. Because London’s largest airport, Heathrow, flies to 180 destinations around the world, making London one of the most globally-connected cities in the world.
6. Because of any city of its size, London has the most green space with parks that cover almost 40% of the area.
7. Because on your way to work you may walk by Big Ben and the London Eye.
8. Or St. Paul’s Cathedral.
9. Or the Shard. The tallest building in Europe.
10. Because you can buy anything and everything you ever imagined at markets like Camden Market, Borough Market, and Portobello Road Market.
11. Because you can check out almost 240 museums, including The British Museum, Natural History Museum, or Tate Modern. All for free.
12. Because there are over 100 Nando’s located in the city, making it an excellent and convenient lunch option. Chicken, chips, macho peas. What’s not to love?
13. Because you can join the ranks of Sherlock Holmes, John Keats, Jimi Hendrix, Alfred Hitchcock and the Royal Family all of whom call (or called) London home.
14. Because pubs. Over 7,000 of them.
15. Because no matter how old you are or where you come from, opportunity will surround you.